6 members of a family died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fergana




Six family members tragically succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning in Fergana. The press secretary of the General Prosecutor's Office, Hayat Shamsutdinov, conveyed this information to QALAMPIR.UZ.

On January 26, at 12:30 p.m., a couple residing in an apartment on B. Margilani Street, "Vatan" neighborhood, Margilon city, experienced the devastating loss of their daughter and three grandchildren born in 2017, 2019, and 2021, all due to carbon monoxide exposure in their living room.

An inspection revealed that the apartment had three rooms, with a chimney installed on the closed veranda (balcony), connected to a foreign-made "Vaillant" heating boiler with a polyethylene chimney. The accumulation of carbon dioxide in the room occurred because one of the entrances was inadvertently opened during heating.

Experts found that the chimney of the heating boiler was removed in a non-standard condition, causing the polyethylene chimney to dislodge due to heating, leading to the dispersion of flue gas within the apartment.

A preliminary forensic examination indicated that the victims succumbed to acute carbon monoxide poisoning and acute heart failure. Investigations are ongoing pending further inquiry.

It's worth noting that a woman from Uzbekistan also lost her life to carbon monoxide poisoning in India.


Farg'ona is gazi

Rate Count




Rate this article

Share with your friends