Following fruitful negotiations between the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Shavkat Mirziyoyev, and the President of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping, a significant package of bilateral documents was adopted.
The heads of State signed a joint statement. The main agreements were noted, the current state of the comprehensive strategic partnership and the prospects for its strengthening was reflected.
Also, within the framework of the visit, 15 documents were signed at the highest level. Including:
• Memorandum on investment cooperation in the field of «Green» development;
• Memorandum on strengthening investment cooperation in the digital economy;
• Memorandum on cooperation in the field of exploitation of minerals;
• Memorandum on Cooperation in the Prevention and Combating of Corruption;
• Memorandum of Cooperation in Construction;
• Cultural exchange program for 2022-2025. ;
• Cooperation Agreement between National News Agencies;
• Agreement on the Establishment of Partnership between the Samarkand Region and the Shandong Province;
• Partnership Agreement between Tashkent Region and Chungxi Metropolitan Republic;
• A partnership agreement between the Bukhara region and the Yunnan province;
• A partnership agreement between the cities of Bukhara and Kunming.
Agreements on trade, economic and investment cooperation totaling $15 billion were also reached and signed.