Saudi Arabia allocates 15,000 Hajj quotas to Uzbekistan for 2025
Local
−
18 February
10331Saudi Arabia has allocated 15,000 quotas to Uzbekistan for the Hajj-2025 pilgrimage. This announcement was made today, February 18, at a press conference organized by the Saudi Embassy in Uzbekistan with the participation of officials from the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah and the Ministry of Information.
“The quota allocated to Uzbekistan for the Hajj pilgrimage this year is 15,000. However, the quotas for Umrah are free, and any number of pilgrims can visit from Uzbekistan under certain conditions. For example, last year, half a million people from Uzbekistan came to perform Umrah prayers,” said Dr. Tawfiq bin Fawzan Al-Rabi’ah, Minister of Hajj and Umrah of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Questions have been raised about whether this quota is sufficient for Uzbekistan, which has a population of 36 million. For instance, neighboring Kyrgyzstan, with a population of 7.5 million, received 6,060 quotas. Additionally, a few years ago, the same Saudi minister mentioned during a meeting with the President of Uzbekistan that the quota for the country was 24,000.
“We will discuss this with the relevant organizations of the Uzbek side before determining this amount. According to the latest agreement, this is exactly the quota that has been set,” said the Saudi Minister of Hajj and Umrah.
During the conference, it was also noted that the number of people from Uzbekistan undertaking Umrah and Hajj pilgrimages has increased 100 times in recent years.
It is worth recalling that in 2024, the total Hajj quota for citizens of Uzbekistan was also set at 15,000.
LiveAll
Trending


