On 15 May, after a two-year break, the railway service between Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan will be resumed.
The passenger train Nukus-Beineu-Nukus 647/648 will start operating from 15 May. From 16 May, train 1/2 («Tulpar-Talgo») on the route of Almaty-2 – Tashkent – Almaty-2 will be launched. The above lines will operate from Tashkent 3 times a week from the central railway station.
Tickets can be purchased electronically or at the ticket office. When buying electronic tickets, passengers are obliged to print them out on A4 paper for crossing the state border of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
“It is supposed to open railway tracks with other neighboring states in accordance with the agreements of the parties,”– the press service under JSC « Uzbekistan Railways » reported.
It is noted that all passengers arriving in the Republic of Kazakhstan through checkpoints across the state border of the Republic of Kazakhstan, must provide a certificate that shows they have passed a COVID-19 PCR test (in Kazakh, Russian or English language). In fact, this certificate must be at least 72 hours before crossing the state border of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
People who do not require a certificate:
• Children under 5 years of age, provided that the accompanying person has the relevant certificate;
• Members of the governmental delegations of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• Persons employed in the railway system, sea passenger service, locomotive crews and river transport;
• Persons who have undergone a full course of revaccination or full vaccination against COVID-19 in the Republic of Kazakhstan (if not more than 6 months after crossing the border of the Republic of Kazakhstan after receiving the second component);
• Persons who have issued a passport/certificate/certificate of vaccination against COVID-19, valid on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, by decision of the Chief State Doctor of Sanitary of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Persons arriving in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan from the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union, as well as from Azerbaijan, Moldova, Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan, also must register on the application «Trips without COVID-19» (Путешествие Без covid 19).
Persons with elevated body temperature will be isolated in an quarantine hospital regardless of the certificate of PCR or vaccination.