On 21 June, the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan approved the Administrative Regulation for the provision of subsidies and reimbursement for education, accommodation, and transport for young people with disabilities.
According to the regulation, young people with disabilities will receive a subsidy of up to 50 basic calculation amounts (up to 15 million soms) to cover the cost of vocational training, programming, general education and language training, accommodation, and transport in non-state educational institutions.
To receive the subsidy, citizens can contact any state service center or register for electronic use of public services through the Unified Interactive State Services Portal.
The application is accompanied by:
In receiving a tuition subsidy:
• if the application is filed by the child's legal trustee, his / her personal identification number and a document confirming that the someone is the legal trustee of a child;
• an electronic copy of the applicant's training agreement with a non-governmental educational organization;
When receiving a subsidy for living and transportation expenses:
• electronic copies of travel documents;
• an electronic copy of the lease agreement and the notification of its registration with the tax authorities.
State service is provided free of charge.
The application will be processed within 3 working days:
• information on the allocation of subsidies is entered into the electronic system and SMS notification is sent to the applicant;
• The youth leader of the neighborhood citizen’s meeting in the area where the non-state educational institution is located will be responsible for monitoring the applicant's study in higher education.
Applicant information is kept confidential during the provision of state services.
The government also approved an administrative regulation on subsidies for the purchase of equipment and tools for young people with disabilities.